BComm, FCA, Dip Forensic Accounting, Finance & Operations Director
Having qualified as a CA with a Top 10 Practice I have extensive experience in the SME sector from start-ups to mature businesses. With good commercial judgement I can drive the delivery of meaningful KPIs across an organisation. I appreciate the importance of respect for all staff as a key to effective staff relationship management. I have considerable experience of HR management, organisation development, Industrial relations & Labour court negotiation.
I have worked in the following sectors;
- Importation and distribution of branded Sports goods under licence.
- Manufacture of Football training kit and swimwear in Dublin.
- Retailing of Sporting goods at Football stadia.
- Catering equipment suppliers incl. Facilities design, installation and maintenance.
- Facility management, Refrigeration and HVAC maintenance to large grocery multiples.
- Provision of Accounting & Tax compliance services to Service sector businesses.
- Innovation & Improvement
- Efficiencies Through Technology – Installation of a new CRM system to improve service dept. efficiencies resulted in reducing labour cost by 4%, 50% of saving shared with employees
- Successfully implemented Vehicle Tracking system for 50 service engineers – overcoming significant IR issues. Direct savings in Overtime and vehicle running costs of 12% p.a., 50% shared with employees.
- Developed operational metrics using Excel and building dashboards which I reviewed with the admin team weekly
- Labour cost savings – 7.5% through implementation of shift system, 50% shared with employees.
- Cloud computing implementation
- Negotiated multi-million trade credit and Invoice discounting facilities with Confirming Houses & High Street banks.
- Negotiated and implemented successful rationalisation programmes within both unionised and non-unionised environments with minimal job losses following financial crash.
- Mentored and developed Finance and Operations Department teams of 5-10 employees.
- Successfully oversaw the closure of a Defined Benefit Pension Scheme and migration to a defined contribution scheme, overcame major Industrial relations issues.
- Designed and implemented “safe place of work” practices for 120 employees operating in 2 separate business environments, resulted in significant savings in Insurance premiums
For further details please visit my LinkedIn profile.